Dystopian Wars FSA A-17 Bomber Wing

 The last of my first FSA starter box, the tiny flyers, are now complete. I painted these up as miniature versions of their bigger brothers, the A-17 Bombers. I reckon that there are two type of planes in the FSA arsenal: Torpedo Bombers and recon planes to allow the battleships a bigger chance to hit when shooting 'indirect'.  
I painted some wave crests/clouds (think of it like inkblots...) on the bases and am pleased how they came up.  My favourite thing in the entire fleet is the pug-ugly A-17 bomber. The thing doesn't immediately look it but is comparable to a cruiser!

Proof of my madness is that I pretty much got a second FSA starter box just to get two more of these, to make the full four, without a wasted model from the packs of three they sell in.  

I'm giving Chris W a game tommorrow and he'll be running one of two fleets I've made up out of the two boxes: 

Black-Stealth-Fleet-of-Gunnery-Doom (680pts):
170 - Battleship
180 - Lexington Cruisers x 3
180 - Lexington Cruisers x 3
75 - Augusta Frigates x 3
75 - Augusta Frigates x 3
Ten tiny flyer tokens

The South Pacific Fleet (690pts):
170 - Battleship
220 - A-17 Bombers x 4 
100 - Augusta Frigates x 4
100 - Augusta Frigates x 4
100 - Augusta Frigates x 4
Ten tiny flyer tokens
Just the three Augusta class frigates to get done now. Looking forward to the game. 

Update: we had our game: see the report here: (Short version, it went very badly for me!)

Comments

Popular Posts