Epic Napoleonic British for Lasalle - 250pt army completed

 

I’m over the halfway point now. The British starter army is complete and I’ve got 1/2 - 2/3 a French one complete. Still some work to be done on markers, villages etc but one e the figs are complete I’m going to reward myself with actually playing.. 
The last British unit completed was Pack’s Brigade, 5th Division, Anglo-Allied reserves at Waterloo. I’ve got more heavy cavalry and some line infantry, with guns, in the pipeline to play larger games and have options. There’s also the point that I may go nuts and up the units 50% by adding two more bases each. That would give more compatibility to 40mm based opponents as eg attack column would be 90mm vs 80 mm and line 180mm vs 160mm. 


Next up, 4-5 battalions of French light and line infantry and Ill have two sides all modelled up and ready to go at the ’small’ 250 pt Lasalle game size.
If anyone locally is more keen on Blackpowder, I may give that a go too. I’ve basically gone with Lasalle because it provides such a clear structure so I know exactly what a ‘normal’ army is. Toolkits are practically useless to a Napoleonics newbie like me. Since stricture doesnt seem to be Blackpowder’s thing, I guess I can just use the British to work out the points level Ive got, then build a French list to match that? I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.
British 5th division
Kempts Brigade
Conscripts 17
Conscripts 17
Highlanders (Vet) 20
95th Rifles 23
Field artillery 10
Packs Brigade
Veterans 20
Highlanders (Vet) 20
Highlanders (Vet) 20
Field artillery 10
5th Hanoverian
Landwehr 10
Landwehr 10
Landwehr 10
5th Cavalry
Light Cavalry 17
Light Cavalry 17
Light Cavalry 17
Horse artillery 12










Comments

Popular Posts