The current Cavaliers League Standings

Most of us have now played at least six rounds of the league. Stephen was happy for us to play more, and I have. I'll just drop my win vs Rick (who has changed his list from then anyway) to make it an even six from me.

Since my last game vs Jason, I made sure I was up against Poochie (who I usually struggle against) - he defeated me 4/3 in a Breakthrough after nailing my Tiger I first turn with Sherman 75s! A bit of gaming fail on my part there. I also gave Keith, who had somehow managed to find five opponents but not play anyone out of me, Pooch, Jason, Andy or Chris W, a game this morning. He had been on a five game win-streak, but lost 5-2 to me in a Breakthrough.

Nothing went right for him that game. He had two Udarny coys, three ISU-152s and some mortars as his list. No HQ Sappers (for any budding Soviet players reading this, flamethrowers might be optional, but not the HQ Sappers!) and no flamethrowers. He was auto-attack vs infantry and decided to put one Udarny Coy (good choice) and his armour (bad choice) into flank march. I was able to get my infantry platoons set up in cover on both objectives before he arrived. One managed to stop the flank march cold with fire, while the other was ground down - though gutted the Udarny coy attacking it. He had been relying on the ISUs coming in from reserve, when you should never rely on more than one reserve! When they did come on, he sent them up a diff going hill, bogged two behind the crest line, and just had the platoon command up there to miss me. My Tiger didn't miss in return fire and that was the entire ISU coy stuck.

Here are the overall standings with most players having had six games:



Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5
Game 6
Total
Jamie
Stephen S Win 5:2
Chris W
Win 5:2
Andy
Win 6:1
Jason
Win 6:1
Poochie
Loss 3:4
Keith
Win 5:2
5 Wins
30 Points
Rick
Jamie
Loss 5:2
Keith
Loss
Chris W
Loss
Nigel
Win 6:1
Jason
Loss
To Play

Nigel
Rick
Loss
Keith
Loss 1:6
To Play
To Play
To Play
To Play

Poochie
Adam
Win 6:1
Andy
Loss 1:6
Josh
Win 6:1
Jamie
Win 4:3
To Play
To Play
3 Wins
17 points
max 29 Points
Jason
Stephen S
Win 6:1
Andy
Win 6:1
Rick
Win 6:1
Adam
Draw 2:2
Jamie
Loss 1:6
Chris
Win 5:2
4 Wins
26 Points
Chris W
Jamie
Loss 1:6
Josh
Win 5:2
Rick
Win 5:2
Gebirg
Win 5:2
Jason
Loss 2:5
To Play
3 Wins
18 Points
max 24 points
Keith
Rick
Win
Nigel
Win 6:1
Stephen S
Win
Gebirg
Win 5:2
Josh
Win
Jamie
Loss 2:5
5 Wins
max 31 points
Josh
Poochie
Loss 1:6
Chris W
Loss 2:5
Keith
Loss
Adam
Draw 3:3
To Play
To Play

Adam
Unknown
Draw 3:3
Poochie
Loss 1:6
Jason
Draw 2:2
Josh
Draw 3:3
To Play
To Play

Andy
Jason
Loss 1:6
Jamie
Loss 1:6
Poochie
Win 6:1
To Play
To Play
To Play
1 Win
8 Points
max 20 points
Stephen S
Jamie
Loss 1:6
Jason
Loss 1:6
Keith
Loss 1:6
To Play
To Play
To Play

Nigel
Keith
Loss 1:6
To Play
To Play
To Play
To Play
To Play

Gebirg
Chris
Loss 2:5
Keith
Loss
To Play
To Play
To Play
To Play

Comments

  1. A good turn out of players Jamie- looks like it has really been a success!

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Stephen did do good.

    Initially, I though Keith was a sneaky basket to get by with the matchups he did. Then I realised that any Cavs comp where there were so many new players to make that even possible, is in fact a real success.

    Participation is the thing, in this social hobby of ours - not re-ordering the same handful of 'serious wargamers'. Well, unless you are into FOG that is :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts